The International Eczema Council (IEC) brings together dermatology experts on atopic dermatitis to attain the following goals:
- Identify and prioritize unmet needs for research related to atopic dermatitis.
- Facilitate atopic dermatitis research that addresses these needs through coordinative activities and infrastructure support.
- Disseminate evidence-based information about atopic dermatitis and its optimal management to health care professionals and the public through direct communication and in conjunction with other organizations.
- Promote good practices in the care of patients with atopic dermatitis worldwide.
- Collaborate with physicians, scientists, and stakeholder organizations worldwide toward fulfilling the IEC’s goals.