Becoming an IEC Councilor or Associate
The IEC Board seeks well-established and experienced colleagues who hold a position in a professional specialty relevant to the IEC’s mission, and where the individual either manages the care of people with atopic dermatitis or performs research relevant to atopic dermatitis and its multiple co-morbidities.
The IEC Board seeks junior or mid-level career colleagues in a professional specialty relevant to the mission of the IEC, where the individual either manages the care of people with atopic dermatitis or performs research relevant to atopic dermatitis and its multiple co-morbidities and is willing to actively engage in IEC activities.
Councilor or Associate selection will be based on the individual’s level of expertise according to the following guiding principles:
- Overall reputation in the dermatology community or other specialty area of interest to the IEC
- Eczema-specific research conducted, with appropriate publishing
- Demonstrated professional interest in atopic dermatitis
- Experience in clinical or investigative research in atopic dermatitis or its related co-morbidities
- Complete the IEC Councilor/Associate application form describing your expertise and experience in atopic dermatitis and/or its multiple co-morbidities.
- Provide the names of two IEC Councilors or Board Directors who may support your application, each from a different country. If you do not know any of the Councilors or Board Directors, leave this field blank. (This does not necessarily disqualify you from being selected).
- Submit the application along with your current curriculum vitae (CV) by electronic form submission or by emailing to email@example.com.
Your application and CV will be reviewed by the IEC Nomination Committee. If necessary, additional information will be requested to support your application. If the Nomination Committee believes you have the experience and expertise to become an IEC Councilor or Associate, you will then need to supply the following information:
- Statement from each of two supporting Board of Directors and/or Councilors (if applicable).
Final approval of your candidacy for IEC Councilor or Associate may be approved or rejected upon the discretion of the Board of Directors.
For more information, please contact Margaret Jung, firstname.lastname@example.org