International Eczema Council Privacy Statement
Effective Date: August 16, 2018
The International Eczema Council (“IEC”, “we”, or “us”) cares about your privacy and the security of your information. This Privacy Statement describes how we collect and otherwise process your Personal Data (as defined below) in connection with
- your use of and contact through the IEC website (eczemacouncil.org, the “Site”)
- your attendance at IEC events, seminars, and other meetings
- IEC’s application processes
- other scenarios where we present or link to this Privacy Statement.
The International Eczema Council is the data controller of the Personal Data we collect under this Privacy Statement.
Personal Data We Process
“Personal Data” refers to any information that relates to you directly or indirectly. We process the following categories of Personal Data:
- contact information, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, and business contact information
- technical information, such as data collected about your interaction with our websites
- financial information, such as payment card and related information (through third parties who collect and process your financial information on our behalf)
- application information, such as curriculum vitae/resume, work history, and qualifications
- identification or background information, provided by you or collected by third parties as part of our assessment of your applications, research, and other engagements
- any other information that you provide that can be used to identify you.
We collect your Personal Data from
- direct interactions, such as when you become a sponsor, apply for employment or other positions with IEC, make a donation, sign up for a newsletter, register for an event, participate in surveys or questionnaires, or in any way engage with our personnel
- cookies and automated technologies, such as when you interact with our website or click on links on our emails
- third parties, when the circumstances arise, such as when you apply for employment and we contact your references and former employers
- social media, such as if you link to social media platforms or use social media plug-ins, we may (depending on your user privacy settings on that social media platform) automatically receive information about you from that social media platform.
In addition to Personal Data, we may collect other information about how you use the Site that alone cannot be generally used to identify you. For example, we may collect your browser type, device type, and operating system information. If any of this information can be used to identify you because, for example, we link it to your Personal Data, we will treat such information as Personal Data.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Below is a description of the Personal Data we collect, the likely source of the Personal Data, how we may use it, for what purposes, and pursuant to what legal basis.
|Use of your Personal Data||Categories of Personal Data we Process||Source of the Personal Data||Legal Basis|
|Obtain your subscription preferences and send eNewsletters and similar marketing communications||Contact information and other information you provide, such as your topic preferences and areas of interest||You||Legitimate interests: To provide you with information you need and services you request and to efficiently communicate with you|
|Respond to inquiries and fulfill requests||Contact information and other information you provide, such as your requests||You||Legitimate interests: To provide you with information you need and other services you request and to efficiently communicate with you|
|Conduct surveys and questionnaires||Contact information and other information you provide, such as your survey answers||You||Legitimate interests: To evaluate and take action with regard to your feedback and comments about IEC|
|Register you for events and deliver event-related materials||Contact information other information you provide, such as your preferences for the event||You||Legitimate interests: To enable your attendance at our events and to deliver you event materials
Contract: As may be described on the registration page for the event
|Perform website analytics||Technical information and other information we collect, such as demographics, behavior tracking, and event tracking||First and third party analytics cookies||Legitimate interests: To understand more about our Site visitors (what pages you view, how long you visit, your devices, etc.) in order to improve our services|
|Reviewing applications and engaging with prospective Councilors and Associates||Contact information, application information, identification and background information, and other information relevant to potential engagement by IEC, such as your resume, any cover letter/application, work history, qualifications, and reference information.||You, your references, and your former employers||Pre-contractual Measures: To evaluate and engage potential candidates to join IEC
Legal obligations: To comply with applicable legal obligations
Legitimate interest: To make the best engagement decisions for IEC
|Recruiting personnel for employment||Contact information, application information, identification and background information, and other information relevant to potential recruitment by IEC, such as your resume, any cover letter/application, work history, qualifications, and reference information||You, your references, and your former employers||Pre-contractual Measures: To recruit and evaluate potential candidates to join IEC
Legal obligations: To comply with applicable legal obligations, including for employment law purposes
Legitimate interest: To make the best recruitment decisions for IEC
|Process corporate sponsorship information||Contact information and other information you provide, such as your company or organization information||You||Pre-contractual Measures: To evaluate and arrange for your sponsorship
Legitimate interest: To make the best sponsorship decisions for IEC
|Obtain current contact information and update contact records in our CRM||Contact information and other information you provide, such as name, title, email address, telephone number, and company or organization||You||Legitimate interests: To ensure the integrity of our contact data|
Other Uses: In the event of any other purposes for which we wish to use your Personal Data that are not listed above, or any other changes we propose to make to the existing purposes, we will notify you by amending this Privacy Statement in accordance with the Section titled “Changes to this Privacy Statement” below.
How We Share Your Personal Data
We will share your Personal Data within IEC, at your direction, as disclosed to you at the time of collection, or in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may provide your Personal Data to our services providers that help us run and manage our organization and process Personal Data solely on our behalf. The categories of service providers include: technology service providers, analytics services providers, marketing service providers, and credit card processors.
- Corporate Transaction: In the event IEC is involved in a merger, reorganization, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of its assets, or other corporate transaction, we may disclose your Personal Information as part of that transaction.
International Transfer of Personal Data
IEC is committed to complying with this Privacy Statement and the data protection laws, including those outside of the United States, that apply to our collection and use of your Personal Data. IEC is located in the United States, and we recognize that the laws in the United States may be different and, in some cases, not as protective as the laws other countries, including the European Economic Area.
By providing us with your Personal Data and using our Site, you acknowledge that your Personal Data will be transferred and processed in the United States. If you would like to know more about how we protect your Personal Data, you can contact us using the information in the section “Contact Us” at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Use of our Site / Data Collection Technologies
Data Collection Technology helps us improve your experience on our online services. For example, we use Google Analytics, a web-based analytics tool that tracks and reports on the manner in which the website is used to help us to improve it. Google Analytics does this by placing Cookies on your device. The information that the Cookies collect, such as the number of visitors to the website, the pages visited and the length of time spent on the website, is aggregated. We also may use Data Collection Technology to collect information from the computer or device that you use to access our online services, such as your operating system type, browser type, domain and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your computer or device is located.
Your Control of Cookies: Some web browsers (including some mobile web browsers) provide settings that allow you to control or reject Cookies or alert you when a Cookie is placed on your device. You may also be able to reject mobile device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. Although you are not required to accept Cookies or mobile device identifiers, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all features available through our online services.
Our Policy on Do Not Track Signals: Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. We follow the DNT signals we receive from your browsers.
Third Party Website and Services
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to ensure your Personal Data in protected from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. For example, we limit our collection and use of your Personal Data to the extent necessary to provide you with our services. If you would like to know more about how we protect your Personal Data, you can contact us using the information in the section “Contact Us” at the end of this Privacy Statement.
Retention of Personal Data
We will keep your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data, whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and all applicable legal requirements.
Our services are not directed to or intended for use by minors. Consistent with the requirements of the US Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, the GDPR, and all other applicable laws and regulations, if we learn that we have received Personal Data directly from a child under age 16 without his or her parent or legal guardian’s verified consent, we will use that Personal Data only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use our services. Subsequently, we will delete such Personal Data.
If you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email, or email us using the information in the section “Contact Us.” Please note that even if we stop all marketing communications, you may still receive administrative, legal, and other important communications from us.
You may access and modify the Personal Data we maintain about you by contacting us using the contact information below. We will respond to your inquiry within a reasonable timeframe.
Individuals in the European Economic Area: If you are located in the European Economic Area and we maintain your Personal Data, you have the following additional rights (under the EU General Data Protection Regulation) with regard to your Personal Data:
- Right to access and receive: You may request a copy of or access to the Personal Information we hold about you. You may also request that we transfer your Personal Information to a third party in a machine-readable format.
- Right to correct: You may ask us to update or correct inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information we hold about you.
- Right to limit or restrict: You may have the right to request that we stop using all or some of your Personal Information or to limit our use of it.
- Right to erase: You may have the right to request that we delete all or some of your Personal Information.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given to IEC at any time. Your withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of our collecting, using, and sharing of your Personal Information prior to the withdrawal of your consent. Even if you withdraw your consent, we have the right to use your Personal Information if it has been fully anonymized and cannot be used to personally identify you.
- Right to complain: You have the right to lodge a complaint with your Supervisory Authority if you are unhappy with how we process your Personal Information. You can find contact information for you Supervisory Authority on the European Commission Data Protection Authorities webpage or through other publicly available sources.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights above or advise us of any changes to your Personal Data, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section at the end of this Privacy Statement. We may charge you a reasonable fee if you request additional copies of your Personal Data or make other requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive. If we are unable to honor your request, or before we charge a fee, we will let you know why.
Please note that if you decide to exercise some of your rights, we may be unable to provide you certain services, or you may not be able to use or take full advantage of the services we offer.
Special Notice to California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits individual California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of certain categories of Personal Data to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year, and we reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email or mailing addresses specified below. Note that we do not currently share Personal Data with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
The Effective Date of this Privacy Statement is set forth at the top of this page. If we materially change the way we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data we will notify you in advance by email and/or by placing a prominent notice on this website. The amended Privacy Statement supersedes all previous versions.
We welcome your questions and comments about this Privacy Statement or how we process your Personal Data. Please contact us using the information below and we will respond to you as soon as reasonably possible.
International Eczema Council
8735 West Higgins Road, Suite 300
Chicago IL 60631-2738
Phone: (888) 382-3724